As winter hits the Grand Rapids area, one question that comes up over and over, every year, Is winter a good time to paint the interior?
When you have experienced painters on the job, painting the interior in winter can be the perfect time!
A few reasons why:
- It gives you time and money to complete other projects in the summer. Summer can be a very busy time, with plenty of outdoor projects and activities to complete. Why not get some of the inside projects out of the way? This leaves you time to schedule other projects for the summer months!
- Generally at this time of year, at least after the holiday season, there are less visitors and "foot traffic" in most homes. The kids are in school all day, and less visiting relatives getting in the way of the projects!
- No humidity. Paint actually dries better in cooler weather, and when there is no humidity.
- Painting Contractors (like us!) are less busy. When spring hits, our schedule can fill up very quickly with exterior projects!
Here are a few tips that you should take into consideration when considering a winter painting project.
- Proper ventilation. One drawback to painting in the winter, is making sure the paint fumes are properly ventilated. A good contractor will have the right tools and knowledge to do this right.
- Along these lines, it is also best to use either a "Low VOC paint" or "No VOC paint" ("VOC" stands for "Volatile Organic Compound") VOCs are found in many building materials and are partially responsible for that new paint smell.
- Maintaining the correct temperature. While lower temps and lower humidity are better for painting, you don't want the temperature of a room to be too low when you paint... Make sure you can keep the room at 60 degrees or higher.
Great interior painting takes years of experience and attention to detail. When considering a winter paint project, turn to people who know how to work efficiently, quietly and cleanly. Service Pro Painting can tackle your project with as little disruption as possible to your daily routine.
Give us a call at (616) 295-3885, we’d be happy to answer all of your questions!